Saturday, May 31, 2014

iDoodle 2014

Regressing has never been this creative.

My best friend and I had been in the slumps for the past few days and we totally needed a day to regress and unwind from the stresses of reality

She has been engrossing herself with doodle art for the past few months and this encouraged me to do drawing once again. It's been forever since the last time I drew and visual art is one of my frustrations in life. Perhaps my life would be different if I took Fine Arts in college.

So we joined a doodle drawing contest together with other people at all ages - children, adolescents, and even adults. And since it's been a while since we last joined a contest, we are joining for the win (lol nope in my case 'cause lol)


And here I was with my half-ass self, since I was never prepared for this contest. I only remembered about it the day before the event day.
"I am truly sorry for my half-ass self."
Before the contest, we registered to the event and we were given free shirt and free materials for doodle drawing later. We walked around the mall, and ate lunch at a usual Japanese restaurant.
"Freebies!!!"
The contest started after a few hours. We were given a short orientation about the event and we were given the theme before the contest starts.

While doing the drawing, we were given lots of freebies and yeah... that made joining the contest so worth it! *laughs*

We were only given a few hours to finish our drawings. Here were our finished products:
"Mine's on the left while my best friend's on the right."

I tell you... It has been a while since the last time I drew so it was really hard for me. It took me a while to get into the momentum and my right hand was really aching after I drew my art. Meanwhile, my best friend did hers very neatly and it was really pretty and right for the theme given.

There were some activities while the judging was being held and they gave many prizes to the contestants.

My best friend won a contest related to sending a doodle art together with your selfie and also, to our big surprise, she became part of the finalists and won a cash prize and gift packs. She was about to choke on her drink when her art suddenly appeared on the screen.

It was a great day for us. We had a lot of fun, we learned a lot, and it was the best way to destress oneself.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment